Saturday, June 9, 2007

Waiting for Barack...

After shifting from leg to leg and tapping my toes to LOUD music for over an hour, Sen Obama was still a no-show. Heard he was smoozing with the higher-powered devotees gathered at Union Station. I suppose he's often late to rallies, but I thought a "reception" might be a little different. Sigh...that's my donation for this quarter, and maybe for the calendar year!

There isn't a lot of choice for train connections in the late evening, and I'd decided that the 10:35 pm was preferable to the 12:25 am, so I ducked out without even seeing him. And I was close to the stage, too! So now I'll never know how it went. It gave me some consolation that Channel 2's reporter, Jay Levine, had to report for the late news (at 10) that Obama hadn't arrived yet. I'll just have to make do with having read his June 5 speech to the ministers at Hampton. It is an excellent speech. He makes the most of an incident, turning the tag line into a theme that I hope inspired his audience.

Here it is at Truthout.

No comments: